The US needs to promote the American Dream through citizenship. As such, we need to promote the legal immigration of people no matter their country of origin nor their economic conditions.
Part of the problem we face with regard to our current immigration policy is that our level of economics is far more advanced as compared to those of other countries. This leads to people circumventing our burdensome legal immigration policies which restrict number of people as well as their own economic worth. I view any individual who wishes to emigrate to the US as an asset, not a liability.
However, we need to secure our borders for national security, as well as address the situation of 14 to 20 million individuals who are currently not in our country legally. As president, I would present the following issues to Congress:
- I will ask Congress to fully fund the completion of the wall along the southern border of the United States. This includes providing the funding for increased Border Patrol personnel and missions to ensure compliance. I will request Homeland Security to work with the Border Patrol to prevent our country from terrorist attacks.
- I will also increase funding for teachers, schools, hospitals, and computers for all school children to help with education through grade 12, primary education being the top of my list for all Americans.
- We need to help newly-emigrated students with math, English, science, reading, and grammatical skills to better function in the United States, particularly in obtaining skilled jobs that the 21st Century requires.
- Any person who crosses our southern border at any location other than a U.S. legal crossing area I will deem a spy or terrorist. As President of the United States I will give the U.S. Border patrol and Homeland security full authority to arrest, detain, and imprison any person who illegally crosses into the united states. I will also insist the United States congress pass a law that all spies or terrorists be given a minimum sentence of 5 years in Federal prison. There will be no commuting of any sentence for any spy or terrorist. When there time has been served we will deport these people back to their country of origin. The reason for this harsh sentence is that we must protect our beautiful country from drugs and diseases, as well as to protect the spies or terrorists from themselves. Doctors without borders said they estimate 35% of all woman are sexually assaulted. The children who are brought in are stolen from the parents of Mexicans and other Central American countries for which we must prosecute.
- My comprehensive immigration policy will cost 2.1 trillion dollars.
When I am elected president of the United State, I will instruct Congress to implement my plan within the first 100 days.